Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday wisdom

Little Town Big Life sent this to me at school. So, I will send it on to all of you that read my blog. Send me a link... I want to read what your answers are!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with marshmallow creme! mmmmmmm

2. Does Santa wrap your presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa sets them under
under the tree.

3. Colored or white lights? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put up your decorations? I would spend the day making Chili, we would
put up decorations, then go to Utica Square for Lights On.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom fixed this salad with grapes, cranberries,
nuts, whipped topping, and other stuff. Love, love , love it! My mother in law also
fixes the same thing. When we were little my sister and I had to cut and seed the
the grapes!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Begging my dad to open 1 present on Christmas Eve.
we always knew he would, but the begging was part of Christmas.

8. When & how did you learn the truth about Santa? I cant remember, but if you dont
believe you dont get presents in our house!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was little, just the one from begging, When
raising the boys, we would go to Church, then to mother and father in law's to eat
spaghetti. We opened presents at their house that night.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I usually put up 3 or 4. The boys had one each
in their bedroom, I had one in the kitchen, and one in the family room. Now, 1 in the
family room and maybe one in the living room window.

11. Snow:: Love it or Hate it? Love, love, love it. School is out and BFF-Pam and I get
bundled up, warm up the nearest vehicle with 4wh drive and set out to Target
and Starbucks!
12. Can you ice skate? No, I am an accident waiting to happen! I dont have an athletic bone
in my body!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My easy bake oven. I can still smell them coming out
coming out of the little oven.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays? Family and Church.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My moms apple pie. Lots of apples, sugar, butter,
more butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and just a bit more butter for extra measure!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When we had a 'real' tree, hubs and the boys
would go down to the local HS Band Tree stand and buy a tree. I would stay at home
and make chili. They would come home with the BIGGEST tree.Hubs wold cut off the
bottom and bring it in! We would eat and decorate. The ornaments were on the bottom
and as the boys grew the ornaments got higher and higher. I was soooooooooo hard for
me not to redo the tree! Sometimes I did just a bit.

17. What is on top of your tree? An Angel that hubs picked out.

18. Which do you like best--giving or receiving? I love to find just that perfect gift that will
make someone gasp with excitement! BUT, I" love to be the gasper, too!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Joy To The World, but I like all of them.

20. Do you like candy canes? Not really

OK friend and family lets go for your favs.

tootle loo




post signature

1 comment:

tommie said...

I'll do this in Dec....I can't get in the spirit until Thanksgiving is over.

I always wanted an Easy bake oven!!