Tuesday, September 25, 2007

There is light!!!


Hey, there is light at the end of my tunnel. I got all my lesson plans done and we made a final run to Target tonight.
Tomorrow is Ukraine day in my room. I have 3 wonderful moms that are cooking lunch. Cabbage rolls, borsch soup...beet soup, chocolate cake, (I am bring PBJ and chip too), we are learning all about Ukraine. Another one my moms is part Ukranine and is bringing her Aunt! Go figure. How awesome of us. We will have a great afternoon. I am really looking forward to going. Tomorrow Im going for a massage after school in Owasso, then grab some cookies at Merritts for 'lunch with teacher' . If my kids achieve their AR goal of 10 points in reading, they have lunch with me in the room and i provide dessert. So, things are getting finished!
I searched the web tonight for a devotional for the trip. My mom is in charge of that area and I think I do mine sometime this weekend. I would like to do something interactive instead of just sitting and listening, but I'm at a loss! HELP--- if you have any ideas...
As excited as I am about going, Lance has bronchitis! I hate to be out of town if the boys are not in tip top shape. I know, I know. Just turn them over to God and He will look after them. I am such a helicopter mom. I have been all their lives! I just want for them to have best possible little lives. Ok, I know they are 25 and 23, but when do you stop worring and wanting to help make their live perfect? I can sure preach what to do, but following that is so hard for me. I have to trust that we taught them the way to navigate this world. My fav song is Rod Stewart, Forever Young! I just want to sing that to them everyday. They are the light of my life.
Sappy, gee... whats with this issue.
I told hubby tonight while we were eating mexican food, that I was not going to do laundry until we get back so to conserve his laundry. I told him to turn his underwear inside out and wear it tomorrow, so I wouldn't have a lot of dirty laundry. I thought he was going to choke on his chips!
I was just joking, but he always takes EVERYTHING serious! He is so serious about everything and I am so NOT SERIOUS about everything. Whew, its a wonder we have been married 29 yrs in Dec.
Ok enough rambling. So I was cruising my fav blogs and http://www.shabeechick.blogspot/, made these adorable candy corn cookies for her girls to eat when they get home from school. Wishing I was going there after school!!! Yep, my mom use to do that too. Always a snack when we got home from school! good memories.
Got to go, I have 3 thank you note to write tonight, to go with thank you gift, for my moms at school tomorrow!
More tomorrow, then I will post for Paris, oops I mean Ukraine.
tootle loo,

1 comment:

Shabbee Chick said...

Aw, shucks! I posted my Candy Corn recipe today! Thanks for the mention! It's weird running into someone in BlogLand that lives in a neighboring town! You mention Merritt's and Owasso and AR goals and I'm looking over my shoulder thinking "Where is this woman!?"