Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving....
I hope your turkey is in the oven and your pies are baked. My tiny turkey- white meat only is baking, the red velvet cheesecake is made, the sweet potatoes are cooked- not doctored up yet and I am on a roll this morning.
I have talked to son #1 this morning and he is decorating his house in Frisco, phase one of the 3 phase program. Ahhh, I do remember those days he would decorate here. Many trips to get "just a few more light, Mom"! I have called the fam in Ponca, but NO ONE IS ANSWERING!!!!. sigh, sigh, sigh.

Christmas stuff is coming out of the attic today. I just cant put it up before Thanksgiving, I dont know why, just tradition I guess. Hubs is out putting up the fence, son #2 is on his way and I am so thankful for my family, at least the ones that answer the phone, life is great. What are you thankful for?

Oh, did you all see Oprah yesterday. It was the big give away. Well, I bet those people were perplexed. Oprah had a lot of things that dont cost a lot. Wow, I got some great ideas. Now, my fam is all meeting in OKC for Christmas. We will do something that wont cost them a thing, I will make small boxes for everyone. They will also get some cards with: I love you because... or I am thankful for you because... etc. They have to fill one out for each person and put it in their box. I wanted to do a "take away " gift exchange. Whats that called? anyway we are spicing up Christmas. Lets have a bit more meaning.

I better get to the kitchen and done my apron! The boys will be hungry in a bit. Then a few power naps and off to Utica Square Lights On! That is our family tradition. We have even gone in the snow and sleet!

Have a great holiday and get up early and shop till you drop! I am finished! I got most everything online and its so fun to get those boxes at my door! Except for the stocking stuffers. Ahhh Target, I love that store for stockings.


Tootle loo, gobble gobble.



post signature

No comments: