Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oops, that hurt!.... July 4th with Moey

Hubs is building a fence around our property. So we have deep holes strategically placed for the 4X4 posts to go into. Anyway, I have been well versed in where they are located so as not to hurt myself. We have worked non stop the past 2 days. Today I was painting the patio furniture a beautiful cherry red. I was cleaning the patio and dumping the limbs and leaves in the pile in the alley. Oops one of the holes is covered with grass that needs mowed and i didn't know it was there. Yes, I could have counted the holes and realized there would be one in the area, but I didn't. So, I went in up to my knee. Our neighbor, a minister was outside as I was screaming naughty words. He went and got hubs and they got me inside. My ankle was already swollen before we got in the house. So I have called the Dr on call and iced it for the past 3 hours.
Its beginning to get better, but very sore. However we didn't not have to go to the hospital in dirty clothes.Yippee. We generally go to the ER in dirty outside clothes when I am involved.
Anyway i am on crutches, which is not good, because I keep tripping! heaven, what a mess.







Isn't this a lovely picture of my ankle. This is after 3 hours of ice!














Poor Moey spent the 4th if July on my lap with her nose snuggles in my neck. As long as I was holding her she didn't cry or bark. Lang night for both of us!
Sorry about the thigh shot!!
Off to find something for hubs to make for us for dinner...
tootle loo

post signature

No comments: