Wednesday, July 20, 2011

too hot to think! so...

 Its too darn hot here in Okla... seriously we have not had rain for weeks.. I am watering all the yard and plants... if they are annuals, they dont stand a chance. My garden is not producing this year... too stinkin hot... today is a cool day at 98... generally its been 101-107...

anyway I made this bird thingy above for our backyard birds... its easy peasy...
You need: birdseed - 4 cups. clear caro, flour, water and plain gelatin...
mix 1 pkg gelatin with 1/2 c, warm water, then add  3/4 c flour, 3T corn syrup and mix that up ... it looks like that old fashioned paste we used back  in elementary  school... so then add the bird seed.  I used my pastry blender to mix it all up.... then spray a bunt pan and smush this stuff in the pan... let it sit till it hard. about 12 hours.
Turn it over, slap a bow and presto hang it up for the birds.....




ok seriously I dont feel like eating much and so I am really scaling back on carbs ... thats the only thing that sound good beside fruit.  So I need to make 6-8 lbs vanish, tootle loo, be gone!  I am going to follow this blog link up on facebook and do it to it... I have a virtual gym at my house... do I use it no!  we have a treadmill, elliptical, inversions table, weights and all sort of work out videos, even a wii!  So I shall get up off my hot butt and get busy....  My reward will be a trip to the my favorite store right here in Cville. Gypsy Rose.. you can find it on facebook too...  I will give myself $10 for every pound.....


Tootle loo

2 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Very cute bird seed wreath! I have a feeder in the front yard, but I think I need to make one of these to hang in my back yard. If you're interested... www.sparkpeople.com is a good (free!) site for weightloss/exercise. I've been using their nutrition tracker and counting my calories and I'm down 7 pounds in a week! They have some pretty yummy recipes on there too!

Little Town Big Life said...

Now that is just too cute! Hank & I may have to make one of those. Our birds will think they have moved to 5th Ave!!!!